Save time and get the best snow by getting your vehicle pre-approved when traction devices are required. Winter weather is challenging, especially in the canyons and UDOT wants to keep you safe. During severe winter weather, drivers must have this sticker to pass canyon traction checkpoints. As a UDOT Partner, you can get your sticker at specific Burt Brothers Stores.
FOLLOW THESE WINTER DRIVING TIPS:
- LEAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO REACH YOUR DESTINATION SAFELY.
- ON SNOW AND ICE, GO SLOWLY, NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF VEHICLE YOU DRIVE.
- LEAVE EXTRA ROOM BETWEEN YOU AND THE VEHICLE IN FRONT OF YOU.
- BRAKE EARLY, BRAKE SLOWLY, BRAKE CORRECTLY AND NEVER SLAM ON THE BRAKES.
- MAINTAIN A SAFE DISTANCE BEHIND SNOW PLOWS AND DO NOT PASS THEM.