If you want to impress your loved one on Valentine’s Day, make sure to get your car in on the act. Your car may seem like a trivial part of your relationship, but it can go a long way in setting the mood for a romantic evening out.
Consider prepping your car with the following features in advance of the big day:
- Locking center console – There’s nothing romantic about a center console, right? Think again. If you’ve hidden a Valentine’s Day gift inside, you can surprise and delight your sweetheart by pulling the present out at just the right moment. Locking consoles are not a standard accessory, but they can easily be added after market.
- Mood lighting – This is not a regular feature for most cars, but some models carry it. Mood lighting can change the strength and color of the car’s interior lighting at the push of a button. You can choose from a cool blue to a passionate red, and lots of colors in between. If your car does not have a mood lighting feature, some car accessory shops can install it.
- Bluetooth audio – Music plays a key role in setting a romantic mood. A car with a Bluetooth system can easily play your favorite amorous tunes, pre-loaded on your smart phone or other portable music player. All you need to do is sync your device to your car and let the love songs flow.
- Heated seats – February weather can be chancy. Ice temperatures could leave you feeling cold and uncomfortable, but you can save the day by warming up your car with heated seats. Keeping your date and yourself warm while driving can keep the romantic spirit alive.
- Massaging seats – If you really want to take it up a notch, invest in this luxury feature that is sure to make your date feel pampered.
- Convertible top – Picture driving into a glowing sunset with your convertible top down and the wind blowing through your hair. It doesn’t get much better than this. Convertible tops add ambiance to any journey. If the weather doesn’t allow you to take your top down in February, save it for a spring day.
Your car is your chariot. Investing in a few extra features can add spice to your romantic outings on Valentine’s Day and beyond.