If you’re considering gifts for your favorite car lover, you have come to the right place! We have scoured the internet to find some of the coolest gearhead gadgets for this upcoming holiday season.
Let’s start with some useful products that are sure to win you bonus points for both form and function.
- Seat gap fillers: These swanky little tubes fit perfectly in the gap between each seat to prevent keys, coins, and other items from falling into the space that’s just a bit too small for your hand.
- Winter windshield cover: If your car lover lives in a very snowy or icy environment, this may be the perfect gift. Simply put the cover on the outside of the windshield when you park for the night, and in the morning, all you have to do is remove it and shake the snow off. No more frozen fingers and late excuses!
- Seat covers: Seat covers are the ultimate practical accessory for both car lovers and parents with young children. For the car lover, you might consider getting custom leather seat covers that match the make and model of your car. For parents, well, maybe just opt for anything that’s washable.
- One gallon car mats: These car mats are unlike any other mats you’ve seen. The tread design disperses the liquid, and then the material actually absorbs the liquid—up to a gallon’s worth. That way, the liquid won’t slosh around on the floor of your vehicle as you drive. They are great for people with kids or who live in a snowy or rainy climate.
- Suction phone mount: This practical gift is great for people who use GPS navigation a lot or who like to make hands-free phone calls. The mount suctions to your windshield which leaves your dash free from clutter.
- Aftermarket gauges: Custom automobile gauges—whether speedometers, tachometers, or boost gauges—can be adapted to almost any type of automotive application. They’ll give your favorite driver more information about what’s going inside of their car than they’ll get from the standard gauges. They’re also easy to install and add a sleek, classy look to the dash setup of any car.
Sometimes people like getting gifts just because they’re cool, and these gifts are guaranteed to scratch that itch.
- Speedometer Cufflinks: If the person you have in mind is both a snazzy dresser and a car lover, consider speedometer cufflinks. There are a variety of different styles on the market, so you’re sure to find something that will tickle your car lover’s fancy.
- “Seat” belt: The seat belt isn’t for keeping you safe in the car, it’s an actual wearable belt for keeping your pants safely in place. The belt itself is made from durable woven material while the clasp is an actual seatbelt clasp from your favorite vehicle.
- Vintage or reproduction car/automotive repair signs: If your car lover spends a lot of time in the garage or workshop, scour your local antique shops for a vintage or reproduction automotive repair sign.
- Custom floor mats: You can get pretty much any design on your car mats these days – from sports teams to the logos for various makes and model of cars. Custom floor mats are the perfect combination of novelty and functionality.
For car lovers who take great pride in their vehicle’s appearance, these would make excellent gifts.
- Washing and waxing kit: Washing and waxing your car regularly with quality products is the best way to keep your vehicle’s paint job looking incredible. Consider assembling a kit containing highly rated washing and waxing supplies such as soap, sponges, chamois, and air dryers.
- Inflatable Hail protector: If your car lover doesn’t have enough space in the garage for their classic car, they are vulnerable to the whims of hailstorms—unless they have this product. It essentially creates an air-filled cocoon around the car to protect it from hail, rain, UV damage, dust, and light debris.
Gifts that focus on road safety and emergency preparedness aren’t the most glamorous, but they can certainly be lifesavers.
- Emergency kit: Most emergency car kits come in a compact, durable tote that can stay in the vehicle at all times. They typically contain road flares, gloves, jumper cables, a small first aid kit, and other emergency necessities.
- Battery-powered or cigarette lighter-powered tire pressure pump: Correct tire pressure is essential to good gas mileage, safety, and drivability, but sometimes you don’t have an air pump easily accessible. A battery-powered or cigarette lighter-powered air pump can be really handy in those situations.
- Automobile escape tool: These multi-functional tools can literally save your life if you get in an accident. They are usually magnetic, small enough to be stored in the glove box, and can slash seatbelts and break windows. Many of these tools come with a battery-powered flashlight or emergency signal.
- Portable jump starter: Headlights get left on, batteries die. These are a few of life’s inevitabilities. You can prepare for them by purchasing a portable jump starter. This will eliminate the need to have another person there to help get you out of a potentially dangerous situation.
Buying that perfect gift can be overwhelming or intimidating – especially if the recipient loves things that you don’t know a lot about. Whether you’re a seasoned car aficionado or are new to the gearhead game, we hope this list has given you a few good ideas for this upcoming holiday season.